What you need to make this tasty sauce:
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 inch ginger, minced well,
2 tablespoons sambal oelek
8 medium sized garlic cloves, mincedgarlic
2-3 tablespoons sugar
1 cup soy sauce (I've used Lee Kum Kee's)
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1 tablespoon corn starch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a wok or saucepan, heat canola oil over high heat.
- Add ginger, garlic, saute for a minute. Add sambal oelek. Mix well for 10 seconds.
- Add soy sauce, rice vinegar and sugar. Bring to boil quickly.
- Slowly add the cornstarch mix, whisking continuously. Cook until the sauce thickens.
- This makes about 2 cups sauce.