This is a quick to make curry, that is delicious with rice or any flat bread.
What you need to make this curry:
1 packet (around 1lb) frozen Baby Lima Beans
1 medium sized onion, chopped
2 green chilies, sliced
2-3 medium sized tomatoes
½ -1 tsp red chili powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1 tbsp chopped cilantro
2 tbsp cooking oilGrind to paste:
1 tsp each, Chana dal, Urad dal (optional)
1 tsp each, mustard seeds, cumin seeds
1 sprig, curry leaves
1-inch ginger piece
2 cloves garlic
Thaw frozen baby lima beans by leaving the packet in tap water for 30 minutes.
Peel ginger; make a coarse paste of ginger and garlic.
- In a saucepan, heat oil; add the tadka items in the order given, one by one. Once the mustard seeds stop spluttering, add chopped onion, green chilies, and turmeric powder. Sauté for 2-3 minutes or, until the onions become translucent.
- Add tomatoes, lima beans, salt and red chili powder. Mix well and cook covered on medium heat until the tomatoes cooked well to a pulpy consistency.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, mix well. Adjust salt. Cook for another 3 minutes on low heat.
- This curry should not be very runny. If it is, cook uncovered for 5 min, stirring.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.