Sunday, November 25, 2007

Persimmon and Pomegranate Yogurt

Of late, I find myself making this yummy, healthy yogurt very frequently. The beauty of this is, it can be made within no time! I'm not much of a fan of yogurt, but can consume it when that yogurty smell is masked with fruits/spices. Pomegranate has always been the fruit of choice if I have to consume yogurt. Next place is mango slices. Now, am adding Persimmon to the list.  This even got the taste approval from my 1 year old one. (For her, I've mashed the Pomegranate seeds, extracted the liquid and mixed it with yogurt and very finely chopped Persimmon.)

What you need:
1 medium sized Persimmon, peeled and chopped into small pieces
1 fistful fresh Pomegranate seeds
1 - 1 1/2 cups fresh low-fat plain yogurt
a pinch of salt
1 teaspoon honey

How to make this divine yogurt:
Mix all ingredients gently.
Serve and enjoy!

This makes 2 -3 servings.



Note: It is important to use fresh yogurt that has not gone sour.

5 comments:

Suganya said...

I love honey in yogurt. This has autumn written all over it :)

Anonymous said...

Drooling over that yoghurt now :D

amna said...

that's so yummy! yogert and fruits!

TBC said...

That looks so tepmting !I've not tasted persimmon... never bought it 'cos I never quite knew what to do with it.

sunita said...

Lovely...I adore fruits with yogurt...